Monday, May 9, 2011

Green Clean

DAY 417

Hello - been a while...miss you!

I am sort of hanging out these two months before starting Year 2 of Nothing New...still have a few new things to buy and then will "go back" to Nothing New. I feel a little bit like I am out of the wilderness to get provisions before going back into the woods. Quite a different wilderness in Fairport, NY compared to perhaps a Walden Pond or Antarctic trek - an adventure, nonetheless. I will track my two months off of spending and report accordingly later...should be interesting.

I am getting ready to plant Year 2 of my garden - need to get seeds and dirt (new). Decided to keep the overall garden space as is - attractive metal stakes and chic wire fencing intact even though I really want to switch out to a cuter white picket version, bigger with more raised beds - that will have to wait til next year. A few more things to get my bike back in working order and a few goodies to get back into swimming again and I will be all set. Starting May 20, I will have to make do with what I have (plenty). Cool!

In the meantime, I continue to search for greener behaviors, methods, and products to ultimately reduce my impact on the planet. I just found a new green dry cleaner for what little I do get dry cleaned. A new shop called "Martinizing" (remember "One Hour Martinizing"???) - a ramped up franchise version of the older company who now uses a process called Green Earth Cleaning http://www.greenearthcleaning.com/. The owner, Todd, totally gets it and is a delight to talk with about being green. Prices are reasonable plus they take back hangers and the plastic bags for reuse and recycling. Yup. Like it! Check out his shop:

12 Courtney Drive
Fairport, New York 14450
(585)425-4242

More to follow - have a Nothing New Day!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment