Saturday, February 5, 2011

Go Packers!

DAY 313

I will tell you right now, that I am adding one item of clothing for a few hours tomorrow evening - my one and only Green Bay Packers t-shirt! Mostly, I am so very done wearing this black sweater and even though I have just three days left of my Fashion Fast, I am anxious to move on to my last Motivation Month!

In case you were wondering where *your* GB shirt is that you will be wearing tomorrow, here is a tidbit to motivate you to get it out of storage. Green Bay won the first Superbowl in 1967, 35-10 against the Kansas City Chiefs. Nice. I am also in the middle of researching (because I apparently have so much free time) the rapidly spreading urban myth that the G logo for Green Bay actually stands for Greatness - lovely, except there is no real source minus the recent interviews by Tiki Barber now captured on a Yahoo Video, stating this as fact. I will keep you posted - no doubt you are pausing all socializing right now to consider this possible new finding. OK, well, I just found this:

"The famous Green Bay Packers G [logo] was designed to honor the original owner Curly Lambeau’s (as in Lambeau Field in GB) first wife; Grendal." Source: (Reverse the Call on the Field, The Secret History of the NFL, Doris Kearns Goodwin, ESPN Press 2010)

Perhaps you be discussing this tomorrow during the game. You do not need to credit me.

Note that I am an expert procrastinator - now that is Nothing New - hahahahaha - I am way funnier at night.

I will leave you now. Go Packers!

Have a Nothing New Day! Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment