Sunday, July 3, 2011

Don't Need TV

DAY 43

It’s been over month of no TV and really, I do not miss it! I am out of the habit watching altogether and of having it on in the background at home or in the hotel while traveling.

Although I have no idea of what is happening on the Bachelorette or on Glee, my life seems more peaceful, my mind less cluttered and my travel more blissful. I do *not* miss hearing all the bad news, the over-amplified commercials or the Cheers re-runs! We will have to see how I feel when all the new shows start up again in the Fall....

Other pluses abound – read two (2....2, really!) non-work related books, got more work done, wrote postcards on vacation, talked with my Mom more and took care of other miscellany like follow up emails, logging receipts, and balancing my checkbook. These would have gotten done eventually but it just feels like I am more organized and getting things done along the way instead of letting them pile up – AND in order of importance (imagine that), in time (monumental feat) and with less stress (for real). Have all but forgotten about Starbucks...what is it, this Starbucks? Oh, right a coffee place.

I did find myself entranced by the TV twice on vacation - shared a cabin with my Mom who was kind enough to keep the TV off most of the time - thanks Mom! Once I was staring at a soap opera for a few minutes and had to rattle my head and extract myself...I think my mouth was even hanging open a little. The second time it was Wimbledon and I am pretty sure I wasn't blinking at all - had to go into the other room. I could hear the TV which was a tiny cheat but was able to do other things...Much easier at home here where turning on the TV provides only a snowy/static-y "I don't' have cable" screen.

Was gone for 12 days and came back to a nearly overflowing the garden...no TV means more time to pull weeds and mow!

Have a Nothing New Day! Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment